In accordance with the High Royal Instructions and the enlightened vision of HIS MAJESTY THE MOHAMMED KING VI MAY GOD GLORIFIES HIM, relating in particular to the management of the Coronavirus pandemic and the reduction of the economic and social repercussions resulting from it;
And in application of the constitutional principle according to which the costs caused by disasters must be borne jointly and severally;
And in the context of accompanying the efforts made by the public authorities to deal with the repercussions of this pandemic;
And after the decision of the members of the Board of the Prefectural Council of Rabat, the Secretary of the Council, his deputy, the heads of the permanent commissions and their deputies, to contribute to the special fund dedicated to the fight against the pandemic of COVID-19, up to the equivalent of one month’s compensation;
The Rabat Prefectural Council held on Thursday, March 26, 2020, in strict compliance with health security measures, a special session during which it considered a set of actions and measures to address this pandemic, as support and unconditional commitment in this battle that our country is waging to preserve the safety of citizens.
Thus, during its study of the single item on the agenda of this session, the objective of which is to program the actual budget surplus for fiscal year 2019, to a set of actions that fall within the framework of the Coronavirus Pandemic Management Fund, while supporting the strengthening of health protection and supporting social centers specializing in hosting people in precarious situations, in particular to increase their hosting capacity.
The Council also decided to allocate a budget envelope for the purchase of food to support families in precarious situations.
The members of the Rabat Prefectural Council, from all political tendencies, expressed their appreciation and support for all the measures taken in this regard, as well as their active involvement in the solidarity campaign to address this difficult situation.
These same officials would like to thank Mr. the Wali of the Rabat-Salé-Kenitra Region, as well as all the local authorities working alongside him, for the support they have reserved to the Prefectural Council, as well as for the efforts, sacrifices and initiatives they are deploying to preserve the security of the population.
Below are the details of the emergency measures taken and for which a financial coverage of MAD 12,779,876.26 has been allocated:
- Contribution to the Coronavirus Pandemic Management Fund: 1.500.000,00 MAD;
- Acquisition of various equipment and materials for the benefit of social centers: Ain Atig – Mohammedia for social protection; Al Amal for the elderly and children, as part of the campaign against the Coronavirus pandemic: 900,000.00 MAD;
- Acquisition of technical equipment for the Prefecture of Rabat within the framework of the campaign against the Coronavirus: 3,534,876.26 MAD.
As part of the operating budget, the following was decided:
- Purchase of food for poor families affected by the Coronavirus pandemic with a budget of: 3.345.000,00 MAD;
- Purchase of antiseptics to sterilize the streets and neighborhoods of Rabat, with a budget of 3,300,000.00 MAD;
- Transportation rental and other sterilization equipment, with a budget of 200,000.00 MAD.
May GOD protect our country and maintain its stability and security under the High Patronage of the Commander of the Believers, HIS MAJESTY KING MOHAMMED VI, MAY GOD ASSIST HIM.
President of the Moroccan Association
of the Presidents of the Councils of Prefectures and Provinces